10 Signs Of A Healthy Relationship
By : Swati Chauhan
Relationships can be quite complex and there exists no definite ‘How-to-guide manual’ for building the perfect healthy relationship (wish there was!).
People grow and change over time and with them their relationships too go through their up and down graph but there certainly are some trademark characteristics that couple’s in a healthy relationship display in common. Let’s see what they are:
1. A Healthy relationship requires that You are emotionally not dependent on each other for being happy:
This is the foremost pre-requisite of a healthy and long lasting relation that the people involved do not depend on each other to feel good about themselves or to take away their worries; instead they are mature people with a positive outlook for life and high self worth.
2. You engage in productive arguments:
Since no two people are 100% alike, it is natural that some friction will be created when they share the same space 24 hours in a day.
It is also impossible for them to be in the best of their moods all this while but the couples who survive these rough patches are the one’s that create something meaningful and useful even from arguments and take a step forward in understanding each other better after a discord.
3. You bring out the best in each other:
If the relationship is on the right track, you will not only enjoy each other’s company tremendously and have fun and laugh together but you will realize that your best personality traits come out in each other’s company and you love yourself when you are together.
4. You share Unconditional Love in a healthy relationship:
No matter how much efforts you put into making things work a healthy relationship can only be based on true unconditional love. As cliché as it may sound, happy couples rise above the ‘Me’ and ‘I’ and rejoice in each others happiness even if it means sacrificing their own to an extent that the idea of individual happiness becomes obsolete.
5. You enjoy time together and also apart:
The best relationships are never the clingy type’s infact they allow the people involved to give each other the time and space to pursue their individual interests without getting possessive or feeling threatened.
6. You value not only your partner but also the
things valuable to him/her:
To truly value a person, one needs to value his likes and dislikes too and show visible interest in helping him pursue his likes for building a lasting and healthy relationship.
7. You feel emotionally and physically secure :
To know someone is there for you no matter what happens is a big mental security and plays a vital role in strengthening relationships. Happy couples see each other as trustworthy and feel safe around each other.
8. You focus on what you like about your partner and
never miss an opportunity to express your appreciation:
Relationships are the best mirrors to our feeling and emotions. People sharing strong bonds tend to focus on the good qualities of each other rather than pointing at mistakes and shoving blames. They cut short on the anger and frustration, over look mistakes and instead By focussing on the good qualities and keeping a positive attitude they tend to build happier and healthier bonds.
9. You share warmth, togetherness, laughter ‘n’ unending conversations:
Communication plays a big role and is the back bone of all relationships. Most happy couples are also great friends and share common interest and outlooks on life. They love to talk , spend time and make it a point to be there for each other.
If you miss your partner, rush home to share that big news or the office gossip and look forward to sharing your heart out with your partner your relationship is definitely on the right track.
10. You do not see walking out as an option:
A relationship will most definitely last if you are truly committed to making it work at any cost. This requires great strength , maturity and thoughtfulness especially when things hit rock bottom, imperfections get more visible and arguments and disappointments become inevitable.
A perfect relation is not just about finding the perfect one and feeling happy at all times, it is also about going through troubled times growing and learning together. about sacrificing that last pizza slice to see him smile and about all the times you never fail to see the good in her even in her crankiest of moods.
Here’s a toast to togetherness and a love that never gives up.
By : Swati Chauhan
If you enjoyed reading this post you might also like her other popular posts 10 Reasons why 30’s is the most awesome time of your life, Who is your Perfect Partner and A few free Moments.
Share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ and share the fun!
Swati Chauhan is a corporate sales professional turned Freelance writer. A computer engineer and a Management graduate by education, she is a writer by passion. T he Eureka Life has been voted the Top European Blog 2013 by Circle Of M0ms. Apart from “The Eureka Life”, she also writes at Yahoo, Lifehack , Mamalode , Time Management Magazine and Pick The Brain. For more information follow her on Google+ or connect with her through her Facebook page.
Tell us what do you think.
Websites mentioned my entry.
- 10 Signs Of A Healthy Relationship | The Affinity Centre
- How To Strengthen Your Self Discipline - 5 Willpower Workouts The Eureka Life
- 35 things Indians do differently than the rest of the world The Eureka Life
- inspirational short story about love The Eureka Life
- 20 Things NOT To Do When In love Inspired By The 90's Bollywood Romantic classics.
- 10 reasons why 30’s is the most awesome time of your life « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- The purpose of Life - a short story!
- 10 simple steps to a more Enthusiastic Life « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- Family Relationships and the Cold war « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- Busy, living in present, planning for future: What's your status?
- What is creativity and how to unleash your Innovation and creativity « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- 15 hilarious ways kids torture their parents and the hidden life lessons behind them « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- Letting Go To Let 'KIDS BE KIDS': Importance of Self Play
- 15 Things Todays Women Should Stop Apologising For « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- Dealing with stress: The Orange Theory way! « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- 12 Biggest Life Mistakes We All Make « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- When loneliness is the only company left : Lonely Hearts « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- What is it like to live in India- stories from India « The Eureka Life The Eureka Life
- A Short Story ON Why It’s Useless To KNOW Your Life’s Purpose | Scintillations
- 10 Perks Of Falling In Love With Your Best Friend
- 10 Perks Of Falling In Love With Your Best Friend - News @ Globe
- 10 Perks Of Falling In Love With Your Best Friend | SpaceTV