Life is not about following rules, and there are no check lists to go by, no definitions that you can summarize the gist of life in. As you live, you make your own rules, understand what works for you best and define your own good and bad. But there are a few habits you can still imbibe in your daily routine, keep on the back of your mind and give a small corner in your heart that can transform your life and bring in a positive change. Hang it on your wall, your bathroom mirror or stick it to a fridge magnet but make sure you take a look at them once every day and you will find more joy, peace and contentment even in the simple moments of life.
- Lighten up: Laughter is a great way to feel positive. Take out some time everyday to relax, have fun, be silly and smile.
- Let go: It is said that if you need to go far, you should travel light so starting today forgive, detach and unburden your soul of the weight of others wrong doings, bitter words or rude actions.
- Plan, follow, be persistent: If you want to change or improve any aspect of your life be it career, health, relationships, communication , follow these simple steps….determine goals, make a plan , follow it everyday and be persistent in your efforts. Yes it is that simple!
- Practise Compassion: Give something that brings joy and a moment to feel loved and cared for in somebody’s else life. If you cant give money or any materialistic possessions share with them your time and concern. Giving is a natural healing process which reinstates your belief in the goodness of life and kindness.
- Connect with yourself: Take time out to take care of your body and fuel it with healthy food, exercise, positive thoughts and a healthy lifestyle.
- Simplify and lead a uncluttered life where you have all the time to pursue and engage in with the most important goals and people in your life.
- Act responsibly and owe up to your actions. Passing the buck and playing the blame game simply means that you are refusing to be a better person and accept changes that can lead to a more stronger you. Only strong people have the guts to accept their mistakes, it is the feeble who run away.
Appreciate and be grateful: If something beautiful comes your way, appreciate it without the desire to own it. Life is beautiful and each moment brings with it something we can be grateful about, something we have which others endeavour for.
Go slow : Our days are frantic filled with errands, commitments, task lists and people to meet. Take a moment to pause , breathe and relax before moving from one task to the other.
Stop worrying, move with time, take action: Every minute consumed in procrastinating is a minute wasted. If something needs to be done , do it now. Don’t wait for the right moment. There is no right moment, it is when you think it is.
Invest in true friendships and nurture long lasting relationships: Spend time with your loved ones, catch up with old friends, relationships are our anchors in our life, the cushions we fall on and a constant source of cheer, motivation and support. They enrich our lives and make us feel loved, accepted and cared for.
Is there something you would like to add in the list…please write in, I would love to hear your suggestions and feedback on www.theeurekalife.com.
P.S: If you found this article useful, share it with the people you know would benefit from it.
Much love and hope,
By: Swati Chauhan